Monday, March 16, 2009

Son of My Soul by Debra Shiveley Welch

Book Info:
Genre: Autobiography
Publisher: Saga Books
ISBN: 978-1-894936-93-4
To Purchase: www.sagabooks.com

Review:

Son of My Soul is a beautifully written and powerful story, told with heart wrenching honesty. Welch bares her soul in a profoundly emotional journey of spiritual redemption and love. Not only is this Chris’s story, it is his family legacy, and Welch’s life passage, full of moments of elation, triumph, and despair.

Welch takes the reader through her own neglected childhood, her tumultuous young adulthood, and her quest for a happy and fulfilled life. In adopting Chris, she turns around everything that went wrong in her life and finds true contentment. It is a journey that begins in darkness and ends in light.

Welch has the ability to draw upon raw emotion and describe feelings so intricately that I felt them, myself, wholeheartedly. By the end of the book I cared for her and her son as if they were my own family and friends. I look forward to reading future books about their lives.

1 comment: